Photo 1 of 8Next
An Early 19th.century Matched Set Of Six Oak Ladderback Dining Chairs, With Rush Seats (one Requiring Renewing) And Front Legs With Circular 'tap' Tops, (delightful Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #1)
This article about Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs was posted on August 10, 2018 at 12:42 am. It is uploaded at the Chair category. Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs is tagged with Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs, Antique, Oak, Ladder, Back, Chairs..
(an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
- any tree or shrub belonging to the genus Quercus, of the beech family, bearing the acorn as fruit.
- the hard, durable wood of such a tree, used in making furniture and in construction.
- the leaves of this tree, esp. as worn in a chaplet.
- anything made of the wood of this tree, as an item of furniture, a door, etc.
- sport one's oak, (of a university student) to indicate that one is not at home to visitors by closing the outer door of one's lodgings.
(lad′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- a structure of wood, metal, or rope, commonly consisting of two sidepieces between which a series of bars or rungs are set at suitable distances, forming a means of climbing up or down.
- something resembling this.
- a means of rising, as to eminence: the ladder of success.
- a graded series of stages or levels in status;
a hierarchical order of position or rank: high on the political ladder.
- companionway (def. 1).
- [Chiefly Brit.]a run in a stocking.
- to climb or mount by means of a ladder: to ladder a wall.
- to furnish with a ladder: to ladder a water tower.
- [Chiefly Brit.]to cause a run in (a stocking).
- [Chiefly Brit.]to get a run, as in a stocking.
- to gain in popularity or importance: He laddered to the top of his profession.
lad′der•like′, lad′der•y, adj.
(bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
(châr),USA pronunciation n.
- a seat, esp. for one person, usually having four legs for support and a rest for the back and often having rests for the arms.
- something that serves as a chair or supports like a chair: The two men clasped hands to make a chair for their injured companion.
- a seat of office or authority.
- a position of authority, as of a judge, professor, etc.
- the person occupying a seat of office, esp. the chairperson of a meeting: The speaker addressed the chair.
- (in an orchestra) the position of a player, assigned by rank;
desk: first clarinet chair.
- the chair, See electric chair.
- See sedan chair.
- (in reinforced-concrete construction) a device for maintaining the position of reinforcing rods or strands during the pouring operation.
- a glassmaker's bench having extended arms on which a blowpipe is rolled in shaping glass.
- a metal block for supporting a rail and securing it to a crosstie or the like.
- get the chair, to be sentenced to die in the electric chair.
- take the chair:
- to begin or open a meeting.
- to preside at a meeting;
act as chairperson.
- to place or seat in a chair.
- to install in office.
- to preside over;
act as chairperson of: to chair a committee.
- to carry (a hero or victor) aloft in triumph.
- to preside over a meeting, committee, etc.
The image about Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs have 8 attachments including An Early 19th.century Matched Set Of Six Oak Ladderback Dining Chairs, With Rush Seats, Set 8 Oak Ladderback Chairs Kitchen Dining Chair Farmhouse Furniture, Hand Made Ladder Back Dining Chairs ., Store Categories, Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #5 Rush-seated Ladder Back Chairs And Antique Oak Table In Front Of Fireplace In Cottage, Smothery Chairs Set In Rush Seats 946 P2 Also Eight 8 French Provincial Oak Ladder Back, Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #7 Robust Large Set Then Chairs Set Along With Rush Seats 946 P3 And Eight 8 French, Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #8 The Chair Men. Below are the pictures:
Set 8 Oak Ladderback Chairs Kitchen Dining Chair Farmhouse Furniture
Hand Made Ladder Back Dining Chairs .
Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #5 Rush-seated Ladder Back Chairs And Antique Oak Table In Front Of Fireplace In Cottage
Smothery Chairs Set In Rush Seats 946 P2 Also Eight 8 French Provincial Oak Ladder Back
Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #7 Robust Large Set Then Chairs Set Along With Rush Seats 946 P3 And Eight 8 French
Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs #8 The Chair Men
One of many things that establish the Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs's beauty could be the room's design. One of many themes that people should attempt could be the bohemian fashion. Even though the Bohemian empire is certainly extinct, the choices of the world group within this model however have not passed. Especially if you incorporate it having a minimalist-style that's easy, but still cross-eyed.
That is it, idea bedroom decoration minimalist style Bohemian. Simple steps to execute nan chic is to display your fashion accessories. Charms, earrings bracelets and scarves are often kept in a package, wear it a hook. Maybe it's on the wall hook or to the table. Wallpaper floral or national motifs in vibrant hues is likely to make your space abruptly boho and stunning.
Not things Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs in the group. Bohemian style bedroom is not the same as fashion that is decorating content adolescent's room. Bohemian prefer European cultural identity that is solid and feminism. Do not forget to put a couple of potted indoor crops in the room. Blossom might die. But, it'd be better if you use plants that are live like a language- in-law flowers, clinging or dangling.
Do not neglect to add a little touch of craft like, while in the bedroom through the deer mind statue, poster - renaissance presented, or pictures. Simple enough, is not it? You merely need-to incorporate minor mementos. Function as the bedrooms bohemian type that is minimalist. There are other tips for decorating a room?
Bohemian into a model which can be generally used by women. This style is employed via tassels as braid, embroidery, knitting, and a feminine structure, such. Design encouraging suzani and bohemian model kantha instance. If it's hard to discover periphery.
Feminine motifs and textures may be utilized through bedsheet, the bedcover, cushion, curtain, toss, or carpet. Bohemian came specially the Czech, from Europe. Thus, when selecting a mode and form for the furniture while in the room, make sure it don't crash with racial motifs Philippines, particularly Java. Javanese racial dark, whilst the vibrant colored boho that is delicate.
Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs Pictures Collection
Relevant Pictures on Antique Oak Ladder Back Chairs