Photo 1 of 5Next
67 Best Decorating - Antique & Period Furniture Styles/Identification Images On Pinterest | Furniture Styles, Antique Furniture And Chairs ( Antique Furniture Styles #1)
This article of Antique Furniture Styles was published on December 5, 2017 at 6:16 am. This post is posted on the Furniture category. Antique Furniture Styles is labelled with Antique Furniture Styles, Antique, Furniture, Styles..
(an tēk′),USA pronunciation adj., n., v., -tiqued, -ti•quing.
- of or belonging to the past;
- dating from a period long ago: antique furniture.
- noting or pertaining to automobiles approximately 25 years old or more.
- in the tradition, fashion, or style of an earlier period;
- of or belonging to the ancient Greeks and Romans.
- (of paper) neither calendered nor coated and having a rough surface.
- any work of art, piece of furniture, decorative object, or the like, created or produced in a former period, or, according to U.S. customs laws, 100 years before date of purchase.
- the antique style, usually Greek or Roman, esp. in art.
- [Print.]a style of type.
- to make or finish (something, esp. furniture) in imitation of antiques.
- to emboss (an image, design, letters, or the like) on paper or fabric.
- to shop for or collect antiques: She spent her vacation antiquing in Boston.
(fûr′ni chər),USA pronunciation n.
- the movable articles, as tables, chairs, desks or cabinets, required for use or ornament in a house, office, or the like.
- fittings, apparatus, or necessary accessories for something.
- equipment for streets and other public areas, as lighting standards, signs, benches, or litter bins.
- Also called bearer, dead metal. pieces of wood or metal, less than type high, set in and about pages of type to fill them out and hold the type in place in a chase.
Styles style (stīl),USA pronunciation
n., v. styled, styl•ing.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion;
- the mode of expressing thought in writing or speaking by selecting and arranging words, considered with respect to clearness, effectiveness, euphony, or the like, that is characteristic of a group, period, person, personality, etc.: to write in the style of Faulkner; a familiar style; a pompous, pedantic style.
- those components or features of a literary composition that have to do with the form of expression rather than the content of the thought expressed: His writing is all style and no substance.
- manner or tone adopted in discourse or conversation: a patronizing style of addressing others.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode or form of construction or execution in any art or work: Her painting is beginning to show a personal style.
- a descriptive or distinguishing appellation, esp. a legal, official, or recognized title: a firm trading under the style of Smith, Jones, & Co.
- stylus (defs. 1, 2).
- the gnomon of a sundial.
- a method of reckoning time. Cf. New Style, old style (def. 2).
- a small, pointed process or part.
- a narrow, usually cylindrical and more or less filiform extension of the pistil, which, when present, bears the stigma at its apex. See diag. under flower.
- the rules or customs of typography, punctuation, spelling, and related matters used by a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, etc., or in a specific publication.
- go out of style, to become unfashionable: The jacket he's wearing went out of style ten years ago.
- in style, fashionable.
- to call by a given title or appellation;
call: The pope is styled His or Your Holiness.
- to design or arrange in accordance with a given or new style: to style an evening dress; to style one's hair.
- to bring into conformity with a specific style or give a specific style to: Please style this manuscript.
- to do decorative work with a style or stylus.
Antique Furniture Styles have 5 photos , they are 67 Best Decorating - Antique & Period Furniture Styles/Identification Images On Pinterest | Furniture Styles, Antique Furniture And Chairs, Lovely Antique Furniture Styles #2 Antique Chair Back Styles, Antique Furniture Styles #3 French Empire Style Antique Buffet · American Antique Furniture ., Cheap Types Of Furniture Styles With Antique Furniture Recognition Chart, Image Of: Antique Furniture Living Room. Here are the pictures:
Lovely Antique Furniture Styles #2 Antique Chair Back Styles
Antique Furniture Styles #3 French Empire Style Antique Buffet · American Antique Furniture .
Cheap Types Of Furniture Styles With Antique Furniture Recognition Chart
Image Of: Antique Furniture Living Room
Antique Furniture Styles about the patio of the house can make your residence tattoo that is minimalist so your style of the rooftop ought to be ideal, appears classy and magnificent. This luxury seems more gorgeous to appear from your exterior and will also give the effect of being to the front-porch comfy minimalism.
Among the elements that make an appropriate house noticed by the attention, looked excellent and luxurious residence is Antique Furniture Styles. Together with the assortment and right laying of ceramic ground, the rooms were mundane might be developed in to a room that appears magnificent and huge.
All that can be realized by choosing the floor that was right in terms of shades and motifs. Colors are normal and vivid color period, the most popular alternative nowadays, since these hues can provide an appropriate atmosphere neat and magnificent environment of style.
5 photos of Antique Furniture Styles
Similar Galleries of Antique Furniture Styles